Pass it Around

"If I made records for my own pleasure, I would only record Charley Patton songs." - Bob Dylan

Great News from Dust to Digital Michigan-I-O now available in both iBook and PDF.


Michigan-I-O

Now Available as a PDF with Bonus Audio Material

Last November we released Michigan-I-O: Alan Lomax and the 1938 Library of Congress Folk-Song Expedition. A joint production between Dust-to-Digital and the Library of Congress, this innovative e-publication celebrates the 1938 field trip with a compelling narrative written by the Library’s Lomax curator, Todd Harvey, and illustrated with original items from the trip, including audio and video clips, field notes, and telegrams.

We’re proud to now feature this digital book in both iBook and PDF formats. The iBook format contains all the material in one embedded file, and is accessible via an iPad or Mac computer. The PDF format, which is downloadable via Bandcamp, includes the audio and films as separate files, which can be accessed via any computer or electronic reading device. The Bandcamp offering includes ten bonus tracks from the Association of Cultural Equity.