Pass it Around

"If I made records for my own pleasure, I would only record Charley Patton songs." - Bob Dylan

Bob Dylan Love Crazy in Kalamazoo, Michigan 1978


It was in a Hockey Rink. The show was Dylan and the often maligned "big band" lineup and included the back-up singers introduced as "my former wife, my current wife and my future wife." The first song was, I believe, "Love Crazy" or some Sonny Boy number. It rocked, the rest didn't. It wasn't a good year for me either. As far as I know, one of the few tours he did with a saxophone and flute, probably a good thing. For YEARS this was one of the few Dylan shows which never circulated as a tape. I don't have it. The reverse of this clipping (an ad in the Kalamazoo Gazette as big as an LP cover) has an ad for Frank Zappa at the same venue and another for Cheech and Chong's movie "Up in Smoke." Sorry for the quality of the scan...it was covered in plastic sheeting which deteriorated some, but then if it was newsprint, it would probably be smoke.