Pass it Around

"If I made records for my own pleasure, I would only record Charley Patton songs." - Bob Dylan

Moon Going Down

Aw that moon has gone down baby North Star 'bout to shine
Aw the moon goin' down baby North Star 'bout to shine
Rosetta Henry told me Lord, I don't want you hangin' 'round
Oh well where were you now baby
Clarksdale
mill burned down
Oh well where were you now babe Clarksdale mill burned down?
(spoken: Boy you know where I were)
I were way down
Sunflower
with my face all full-a frowns
They's a house over yonder painted all over green
They's a house over yonder painted all over green
(spoken: Boy you know I know it's over there!)
Some of the finest young women Lord a man most ever seen
Lord I think I heard the Helena whistle
Helena whistle Helena whistle blow
Lord I think I heard the Helena whistle blow
(spoken: Well I hear it blowin' now)
Lord I ain't gonna stop walkin' till I get in my
rider
's door

Note 1: the upper
Mississippi Delta
town of Clarksdale suffered a serious fire in 1899;
Note 2: whether Patton means the river the town or the county of Sunflower is unclear;
Note 3: probably a steamboat or a train named after the city of Helena