Pass it Around

"If I made records for my own pleasure, I would only record Charley Patton songs." - Bob Dylan

Bob Dylan Tarantula Bootlegs







Stephen Gertz's excellent article HERE on a sale of a proof copy of Bob Dylan's Tarantula book reminded me of the bootleg editions I once owned.  I had four of them,  each with a hand-drawn cover, and I sold them the weekend of Mr. Dylan's 50th birthday to some young punks who had set up a record fair two blocks from my home in Manhattan.  I had the brilliant idea to put up a sign on the telephone pole near their show to have a record sale of my own and they came in droves!  I sold all my Dylan ephemera in a flash!  A HOARD of miniature Bob Dylans came over, bucks crumpled in hand!
Anyway, Stephen's article made me wonder how many purloined editions of the unreadable book were produced by lowlifes.  It turns out TONS.

Pictures here gleaned from the universal brain called internet.  Credit goes also to the amazing site Come Writers and Critics which covers all things Bob Dylan Paper HERE

BOOKS AND EBOOKS BY THE AUTHOR AVAILABLE HERE